Of course, you would like to collaborate with a logistics expert that works in a sustainable manner. And preferably with one that has done that for quite some time. Then take note that since 2008, Hamann has achieved the East Flanders Environmental Charter year after year. We were rewarded for our general environmental policy and the extra performances at an environmental level.
Would you like some concrete examples of our actions with regards to sustainable business?
- We have a new vehicle fleet of our own.
- We are constantly working on refining our environmental and safety instructions and workstation records, in order to create a safe working environment for our employees.
- We assess the satisfaction of our employees and align our actions with these results.
- We focus on educating, supervising and coaching employees.
- We supervise students and trainees intensively.
- We compile a comprehensive reception policy for new employees.
- We update the job and role descriptions, including the competencies.
- We have installed electric charging stations on our site.
- We monitor our consumption of water, electricity and natural gas and we raise awareness in order to limit consumption.
OUR SUSTAINABILITY LIST OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- We integrate the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations within the theme of the 5 P’s: People, Planet, Prosperity, Peace & Partnership.
- We have been participating in the Sustainable Enterprise Charter since 2016 (People, Planet, Profit). This has replaced the Environmental Charter.
- All our sustainability campaigns are listed in the sustainability report of Hamann International Logistics.
- Hamann International Logistics has established a quality and environmental management system in accordance with ISO 9001: 2015 and ISO 14001: 2015, of which we have obtained the relevant certificates.
Do we still have other sustainability plans? Most definitely! We would like to:
- Continue to obtain the IFS and Bio certificate (for food safety) annually.
- Improve the waste flow in our building.
- Revise and update our emergency procedures.
- Make future buildings innovative and sustainable.